For Best Results ensure the surface is free from any grease and dirt and that any existing coatings are removed. We recommend the floor should be cleaned using Rockstar Neutral Cleaner, or for more stubborn stains scrub the floor using Rockstar Stone Clean Plus prior to applying Rockstar Anti-Slip.
- Ensure Surface is clean and free of any coatings. Mop on Rockstar Anti-Slip at a ratio of 1:4 with water.
- Let it sit on the floor for ten minutes.
- Remove with wet vacuum or a mop.
- Rinse floor with fresh water.
- Repeat steps 1-5 until desired slip resistance is achieved.
- Now the surface needs to be sealed using Rockstar Natural Finish Stone Sealer.
Rockstar ANTI-SLIP is a treatment that increases the coefficient of friction of wet floor surfaces. The treatment is not a coating and will not change the appearance of the surface.
ANTI SLIP is used in any area that becomes slippery due to water being on the floor. Floor areas in showers, pool surrounds, saunas, gymnasiums, bathrooms, foyers and kitchens typically are subjected to incidental water on the floor which poses a dangerous slipping hazard. Application of ANTI SLIP onto vitrified tiles, polished granite, glazed tiles, terrazzo and other hard mineral floor surfaces will increase the wet grip and thus reduce the possibility of falls and injuries. ANTI SLIP should only be applied by qualified Rockstar applicators.
- Dramatically reduces the slipperiness of wet floors
- Lasts up to 10 years even in high traffic areas
- Does not change the appearance of the surface
- Compatible with subsequent penetrating sealers
- Is not a surface coating, cannot flake or peel
- Appearance and colour: Colourless to slightly yellow aqueous liquid
- pH: 2
- Specific Gravity (Water = 1): Approx. 1 g/ml
- Boiling Point: 100o C
- Solubility in Water: Miscible
- Flash Point: Non flammable
- Always apply first to an inconspicuous area or scrap piece of tile or stone to determine the residence time required to achieve the required level of slip reduction, and to ensure the suitability of this product for your substrate.
- Ensure the surface to be sealed is clean, dry and free of any oils and other surface contaminants.
- Carefully pour ANTI SLIP undiluted onto the floor and spread the liquid around using a squeegee applicator. Work carefully and slowly to ensure that there are no splashes or runs onto surfaces not being treated. Treat no more that 20 Mt2 at a time.
- Allow the product to remain on the floor for the time period as determined in step (1) above. Ensure that the surface remains wetted with product during the treatment period.
- Remove excess material with a wet vacuum cleaner and wash the floor with Rockstar NEUTRAL CLEANER.
- Once dry, all surfaces should be sealed with Rockstar NATURAL FINISH STONE SEALER.
Coverage is dependent on the permeability of the flooring surface and is in the range of 5– 10 Mt2 per litre.
- ANTI SLIP should only be applied by qualified Rockstar applicators.
- This product is corrosive and contains Fluoride; avoid contact with skin and eyes by wearing suitable protective gloves and eyewear.
- Avoid contact of ANTI SLIP with aluminium and other metal surfraces.
Clean all equipment in water.
ANTI SLIP is available in 1, 5 and 20 litre packs.
Keep container tightly closed when not in use. Store in a cool, dry place out of reach of children.
The advice and information contained herein is based on our best knowledge of the product. We believe the information to be accurate and reliable as at the date supplied, but no representation, guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, is made to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the advice and information. We urge persons receiving this advice and information to make their own determination as to the advice and information’s suitability and completeness for their own particular situation. When in doubt it is always prudent to perform a trial on a scrap section of material, or inconspicuous section of the job to ascertain the products suitability.